Your action plan
Let’s return to the four scenarios presented at the beginning of this section.
In these four scenarios, you saw:
- Mrs. Lee explicitly teaching skills to increase awareness of emotions
- Mr. Joseph showing a video to stimulate discussion and reduce stigma about mental health
- Mrs. Lee bringing concerns about one of her students to the school counsellor
- Mr. Joseph engaging in and modelling mindful breathing as part of his self-care routine
ecord your responses to the following questions:
What is one new thing you can do right away to support student mental health at school?
– What steps do you need to take to support this action?
– Who needs to be involved?
– What resources are required?